You'll want to take advantage of your new Google Map Business View virtual tour by embedding it as a tab on your Facebook page for all of your followers to see. First things first, you'll need a Facebook page for your business to follow these steps, if you don't already have one you can easily create one here. There are a couple of different ways to go about getting the tour on Facebook, see below.
Use the Look Inside app
Look Inside is a simple tool to create a quick Facebook page for your Google Maps Business View tour, you'll be able to add the tour with just a few clicks. It's important to note that Look Inside is specifically designed for only 1 tour to be posted to 1 tab, you won't be able to add more tours or additional HTML surrounding it, for that skip below to the WooBox instructions.
- Navigate to the look inside app
- Click the purple button to add the app to your Facebook page
- Choose the page you want to add Look Inside too from the list, then click Add Page Tab
- Follow the instructions on the next screen to retrieve a link for your tour and paste it into the window.
- Click the button and done!
Paste in iframe code from Google Maps with WooBox
The WooBox Facebook app allows you to post any HTML content into a Facebook tab, with this app you can easily paste in the embed code provided from Google Maps to display your Google Business View virtual tour directly on Facebook.
- While logged into Facebook, navigate to the Woobox App and install it. This allows you to paste HTML content into a tab.
- Go to your Facebook page, click on the new tab Woobox has created entitled “Welcome.” Authorize the tab when prompted.
- In a separate browser window, navigate to your Google Business View virtual tour how you normally would. Navigate to the place in the tour you want to start from. Click on the “chain link” icon in the top left corner for embed options. Click “customize and preview embedded map.” Set the custom width/height to 800 x 600. Copy the embed code.
- Paste the code from your Google Business View embed into your Woobox custom facebook tab. Be sure to enable “wide mode.” Name your tab as desired. Save changes.
- Optional: Change your tab image. Follow these instructions provided by Woobox.
- You’re done! Go back to your page and view your tab.